Sunday, December 7, 2008

HELP !!!!

Ha ha, no really I need help. I know that no one ever reads my blogs but I am writing this just in case someone with much knowledge just happens across it. I know this is probably not the place to discuss medical problems but what the hay. Maybe I might get "lucky", now I know Matthew is going to faint because I said "lucky" because I do not believe in "luck", but couldn't find another word.
Anyway, a couple of years ago I had the misfortune to have had my gall-bladder removed. I just wish I knew the consequences of such a procedure or I might have had a second thought. You, rather I can only eat certain things and for sure nothing fried or lettuce or else you spend the majority in the restroom. Sorry about the graphic information. What I am wondering is there anything on earth that you can take?????
The first thing I heard after the removal was, "You will be like a knew women", yeah right. That's when all my horrible trouble started and with 6 months of pure agony and the loss of 50+ pounds, not that I didn't need to loose the weight or anything. Plus the amount of hospital bills and then when they couldn't find the answer to why I had nausea 24/7 for 6 months they diagnosed me with depression and having anxiety. It was the pits and for a whole year and a half I was another person. I actually thought I was going to die and I was as low as a person could get. Until one day, which was the worst day of my life and I had to make a major decision. And that was the turning point in my life and I don't mind sharing, I went to a place that would try and help me, I stayed there for a whole week. I was so scared that I shook as I walked down the hall way, just me and someone I did not know and saying goodbye to my husband and mother. I was sobbing uncontrollable and they put me in a room that looked like where you would go to camp.
But that night as I crawled onto a cold bed in the month of February all alone, not knowing anyone weeping and praying I laid my head on the pillow and went to sleep. Now I forgot to say I had not slept in six months through the night because of nausea, you can't sleep.
Well it was Wednesday night the week before Valentine's Day that I had my first all night sleep. During this time I also ( 6 months) could not eat, I could not drink water or swallow any medication, so like I said in the beginning I lost so much weight. My two sons who I love more than anything, my husband who could not work because he had to take care of me couldn't help me at all.
So on a bed that looked like it came from the movie, One flew over the Coo Coos nest, God touched my body. Like I said I slept all night got up the next morning and ate breakfast I was so much better and I knew with out a shadow of a doubt that my Heavenly father had healed my body.
The only problem now is that I gained all the weight I lost back, oh well.
And I can only eat certain foods, or I pay for it pretty soon:):)
Sorry to have taken so much time and space. But I wanted to really find out if anyone else has had their gall bladder out and what can YOU eat????

2 comments:

Matthew said...

The year and a half you were sick was the worst time in my life. I praise the Lord everyday that you're 100% back to normal, except of course for the insane diarrhea when you eat stuff you're not supposed to. Oh yeah, everyone reading this should know that the woman who complains about her all too frequent poos should know that she eats restaurant food and Subway almost everyday she works. Hmmmmmmmmmm. I still love you!

Anonymous said...

I haven't had my gall bladder out, but my sister has. I will ask her, but I don't seem to remember too many restrictions. I do know that popcorn hurts her stomach, but I don't think fried food do too much to her. (Her family eats a pretty poor diet!!:)