Monday, December 15, 2008

Virus and Cleaning house :(:(




Having a stomach virus is the worse !! Friday when I got home from work and getting my hair cut the nausea and diarrhea started. Then the throwing up, diarrhea and fever oh man was it awful. So I just and pray no one else in my family gets it. The bad thing is it lasts for at least two whole days and nights and I mean all day and all night. But today is Monday and I am feeling much better, thank you Lord!!! Mike did come home last night from church and said his mother didn't go last night because she had fever, I hope it's not the "virus" :(:(


The reasoning of my title is this, since Mike noticed I was doing better he has decited to do major house cleaning out, and when I say major I mean he already has 9 black leaf bags filled with clothes to take to GoodWill.


He announced last night that I had to start ASAP, no watching TV or on the computer.So now you know I just had to write about it first. He said, when I was sick Friday night and Saturday night he stayed up til 1am, good for him, NOT ME!!! I need all my sleep I can get.


But today I guess I will start the project in the kitchen, Matthew I know you would be proud. I was suppose to keep Celie today but I just thought it best for her not to come over yet until I clean out some germs. I miss her already with that grin she gives you and the excitement of her blowing throught her mouth, she gets so excited to see you.


Now I am going to try to clean out the drawers in the kitchen there are 3 that are a "catch all" and when I say "catch all" you can't imagine how much stuff you can cram into them. So that is my project for the day.


I am just so glad that we have started this, I know Sarah will be glad also as she and Matthew are neat freaks now this is meant in a good way, and I wish I was like that. I just hate to throw away some things, but today is a throw away day !!!!!!! I know they will be proud.


Okay, now I need a little help. Sarah, Matthew and whoever else reads my blog. What do you do with papers that have important info on them do you shread it or burn it or ??????? I am always up for advise as I do not know everything.


Today is going to be a sad day for Adam because his family is going to Pa and are flying back next Tues. He is going to be "all alone" for a week.






3 comments:

Matthew said...

If you have bills or banking statements over a year old - burn them or shread them. You've banked at the same place for 29 years - it's ok to let it go. Income tax returns should be kept for seven years so make a special file for them and put it in your safe that has all that crap in it. Deeds to vehicles or other things should also be in the safe or a safety deposit box. You need to get a file accordian and label each tab with the bills you get each month. Write the check number of the check you paid it on the satement. At the end of the year you can either, 1) make one big file and store it or 2) burn it. Nothing monthly is so important to hang onto. Especially all those check carbons. Burn them all.

The Traveling Turtle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Traveling Turtle said...

I LOVE how Matthew gives all the advice on filing stuff away and cleaning out the kitchen, yet he is never the one to actually do it. I guess he learns by watching. :)

I would shred all the stuff except for the seven years of tax info. Free yourself from the clutter. It is amazing!I keep an accodian file of important stuff so it is all in one place. It makes it easy to find something when you are looking. I keep all important receipts, warranty info, bills, etc in seperate folders and file each folder in the accordian file. It is hugely helpful.