Friday, August 22, 2008

Pedigree or Heinz 57

Which one do you prefer? As for me a heinz 57 these are mixes of dogs. As I have had at least 50 dogs in my entire life. I have had both kinds. I remember growing up we fed our dogs from the dinner left over scraps, they lived a long time. We never took one to the vet. or even gave them shots, now this was in the 50's and 60's. They never had heartworms( that I know of) never skin irritations
not put on any special foods. They never got sick! I know a person that spends $1000.00's of dollars on her dogs. I don't hold that against her at all. I know, if you have a pet you need to take care of it. We have a Black Lab. that has every skin,ear and eye problem there is. And I know we need to take him to the vet., a vet bill is higher than and adult going to the Dr. It's really sad and that is why I guess many dogs go unseen about. Every one talks about spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Have you checked the prices of this operation? I know at one vet. it cost 170.00 dollars, who all can afford that? Anyway, we also have a little precious dog which is a Heinz's she never has been sick, she doesn't stink when she goes outside no skin or ear problems. My mother's dog is a pedigree springer spaniel she stinks so bad even after she has been to the groomer, she is way over weight she has skin problems, kidney and what ever else. I know this might not sit well with some ( Matthew) but I would choose Heinz over Pedigree :):):)

1 comment:

The Traveling Turtle said...

Pedigree all the way. :) No - I only choose Pedigree b/c you know the exact temperment of your dog and you can know better what you are getting into. But there is 100% nothing wrong with the old mix-er-oos either. I love them both (as long as they are smaller and don't bark all the time... and are good with children)