Monday, November 24, 2008

A puppy sent by an Angel???

Well I don't know what happened but I am new at this so you got a look at the pictures before the post.
Anyway, this little angel of a dog I believe was sent by an angel. You might laugh, smerk or just say she is off her rocker. But if I tell you the story you might just change your mind. My youngest son Adam had wanted a puppy just for him, he begged so hard but we never would give the Okay. We already had three dogs and one was already an inside dog, why in the world would I want another one? We also had two cats and not sure if the hen and rooster were still around or not. No we didn't live on a farm, we actually lived in the city limits of Port St Joe.
But Adam wanted his very own puppy. And probably prayed every night for one. Even my mother knew Adam wanted a puppy, and she was going to get him one but we told her not to.
Well one day Mike called from The Butcher Shop, a meat market that we owned and thought was really gonna be a great thing for our little town.
Mike said he had something for us to please come to town and get it, well it was about 8am and I wasn't dressed and neither was Adam but we quickley did put on our clothes. We had no idea what it was and knowing Mike it could have been anything. As we pulled up to the shop Adam bolted out of the car and ran inside the store, I think I probably might have had my PJ's still on. Well there was a little box and Adam opened it and there was the cutest little puppy you have ever seen. Mike said she just appeared at the front door, she was only at the most 4 weeks old and solid white and 2 jet black eyes that looked like a seal. We couldn't figure out how in the world did a puppy that small even walk up town and come right to our store. Well Adam called his Mammaw and told her about the puppy, well to this day she thinks and angel just dropped the little thing right at the store. It does make you wonder where in the world did she come from, she was so small. Her little legs were so short and to have come to a place where someone maybe had prayed for a puppy. I know you think it is weird but, I do believe God lets some little prayers get answered that children do pray. Having that child like faith, isn't that what he wants us to have?
Well Macie is her name and she is about 6 years old now, Dr. Nelson told us she wouldn't get to about 10lbs, well he missed that by a long shot. She is 20lbs and the best little dog that we have ever had, the sweetest little face you have ever seen. But now that is how I feel, and I know that others think their dogs are the cutest but just look at that face. She is now pretty much the ruler of the house and loves Mike so much. I know this isn't a Thanksgiving story but we are thankful she came into our family. The only thing when Adam got married and moved out he tried to take her but too bad, she stayed here with us. And we love her so much!!!!

2 comments:

The Traveling Turtle said...

sweet little Macie. She is such a pretty pup. And so loving. :)

Marci said...

Since God sent that dog to me, why dont i have her anymore? :)