Wednesday, January 14, 2009

There are still nice people in this world.


Sunday I was at CVS in Panama City to get some pictures developed and while I was there this lady came up to the counter where I was standing. She said she was going to purchase this blender as a "dirty santa" gift when I told her that my son and daughter-in-law had one almost just like it and they loved it. So she told me it was on sale for $7.99 so I thought I would go get one for myself and her daughter showed me where they were. She also was going to purchase another one but when we got to where they were there was only one. I told the little girl to just take that one for herself that it was okay. So I just wondered around the store for a little while waiting on my pictures. When I went up to the counter I saw the box, I ask the sales clerk did the lady change her mind? She said yes that she purchased it for you. I couldn't believe it, I started to run out of the store and thank her but the sales clerk said it was fine. The lady wanted me to have it and she paid for it. I still can't believe it. If you do nice things for others people will do nice things for you. And yes I do believe that also. Even today a sweet girl bought me a diet pepsi because I use to go into Buy Rite every day that I worked next door at Interiors, but since I don't work there anymore and she missed me she thought about me when I came up to the drive through. I know this is kind of long and I don't know who reads these things unless you know that person, but I thank the Lord for the NICE people in this world.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

I am the nicest one of all!!!

Punkin said...

SO you say????