Sunday, March 29, 2009

Cleaning Houses Not Fun !!!

Well I have been without a job for three months now and no luck in finding one in this town. I guess my unemployment will run out pretty soon. So Mike has lined me up with a couple of house cleaning jobs. I did clean one by myself a couple of weeks ago it wasn't too bad, then I had to clean it again and do laundry and make the beds. If my mother had not been with me it would have taken me all day. Now if you are wondering why should a house take so long let me clue you in to the size. This house was a old house with 20 ft. ceilings it looked like, all wood floors, three bedrooms and full baths in each bedroom. Every room had a fireplace including one bathroom and the kitchen, the hallway was about 75 ft long. This house was really old timey and I loved it except for the SAND.
Ok, I made it through that cleaning just a little sore in some places.
So Mike schedules me for a deep clean on another house on the Cape. At first I thought I could do it by myself, NO WAY!!!!! This house was massive, I have never seen a house this big. I almost backed out on this one. I had to have help so Mike's Aunt and Uncle helped the first day. I walked in this place and I could not even begin to think where to begin.

This is over 4000 sq. ft. home with marble and wood floors, WHY ???
It was a four level home with a elevator that I was so scared to ride in, so we climbed the stairs. I have told people that there were at least 30 steps going up and down the levels which made it a total of about 90 steps or more. No one believes me so I wanted to take pictures but I didn't.
This house had five bedrooms and 4 1/2 bathrooms with marble all the way to the ceiling. It even had a movie room and game room on the same floor, plus an office, kitchen, living and dinning rooms. It had 2 sets of washers and driers and 3 separate air-conditioners for each floor.

The first day we worked about 6 hours the next day minus one helper it took us 8 1/2 hours. I got home just in time to go to Wed. night church. I could barely walk, every inch of my body hurt, my feet I thought were gonna fall off and my back felt like I had been lifting weights. I wasn't thinking that when I was on my knees crawling around that I would have bruises from being on marble floors. I have one knee that is still hurting me. This should have been a 4 day job why in the world did we think we needed it done in 2 days is beyond me. I need to be kicked where the sun does not shine.
Today is Sunday and I still am a little sore:) Mike thinks it is funny, he needs to go next time. As for me, this is my LAST deep clean of any house except my own.
Mike has me another job lined up, cutting like 2 acres of land. I don't see in the Bible any where it says for a woman to do manuel labor.
All I know is that I have a second opinion about house cleaners, and never wear Crock shoes:( My son Matthew said I should have used my shoes for cushions, why didn't I think of that????
If you would like to see this house it is called Sugar Magnolia and it is listed with Pristine Properties in Gulf Co. Florida, you can see it's listing under rentals at the Cape. Go ahead take a look !!!!!

1 comment:

Marci said...

That is one big house to clean. No wonder you were sore. Good idea on Matthew's part to use your shoes as knee pads though.

- Marci