Monday, December 7, 2009

O Christmas Tree how lovely are your branches

Well I did just put up my tree last night ( lights only ) and will decorate today, I hope. We have had this same tree I know for 20 years. I really prefer real but since we had a problem with bugs on them, fake is the way to go. But never will it replace the beauty of a real one. The smell is wonderful, you don't have to have a large storage building to store it in and you can just throw it away when Christmas is over. Then I feel pretty sad about the real tree that has to be cut down and then has to die. And then thrown to the side of the road for garbage, if left in the forest birds could have made a nest in it. Great day..... what am I doing, about to cry here. But on the other hand they sure are a fire hazard if you fail to keep it plenty of water. So many houses have burned and lives lost because of fires from a dried up tree, then there are the pine needles that fall off everywhere. Not so with a fake tree!!! So what am I trying to say, not really sure but I guess the fake out weighs the real in the long run.
But the smell is what I really miss, is there something you can get to mimic the pine scent?????
MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

they have some really wonderful Christmas tree smelling candles at Bath and Body. Or the Glade ones. I have not smelled the Glade, but I am sure it is just fine. I, too, love the real tree. We used to switch back and forth every year with a fake and then a real b/c we only ever had real trees. Picking it out was part of our Christmas tradition. I miss that. But I do NOT miss watering the tree, getting all the needles up off the floor, throwing it out and most of all.... spending $50 plus on a real tree every year. It ads up over time. I do miss them and am pretty sure when Celie is older, we will go get a real one so she can have the joy of helping pick it out with us. I loved that. I still do. We also have no way to get a tree to our house from Panama, I 100% REFUSE to pay the extremely high prices at the SJ nursery for a tree, even if they are beautiful. I can see your lights from the road when we turn into the driveway - it is so nice.

sarah

Punkin said...

THANKS - I hate my computer!!!! I can only type a few words before it goes to another line and messes up the whole thing. It must be a laptop thing.
I do have my tree up, lights only. Will try and get the ornamants up tomorrow.

The Traveling Turtle said...

mine kept doing that to me last night. try this... when you are typing, make sure your cursor is off the area you are typing IN. It solved the issue for me last night at least. I think it does only happen with laptops for some reason though. And it is totally annoying!