Saturday, December 5, 2009

Oh Happy Day

"Oh happy day, when Jesus washed he washed my sins away" Just had to throw that in for a thought, in which I am truly thankful for.
Now on with my post for the day. I have been up since 3:30am wide awake so I did a little online shopping. It's really a lot of fun and I can go places and not have to get out in this rain we are having right now. I really wish it would snow, just a little bit, just a few flakes will do.
I remember going to Vail, Colorado about 12 years ago or so and we went nuts for just a little while. We rented a van in Denver and was driving to Vail and went through a under pass and when we came out the other end it was snowing like crazy. It was in May and in Florida when we left it was very hot so the boys had on shorts for the flight out to Colorado. When it started snowing Mike pulled the van over and we got out like a bunch of crazy tourist and played in the snow while the traffic passing by I guess thought we were nuts. But it was so much fun!!
We had an eventful time for sure while there. Before actually getting there on the way we were in a rock slide and had to wait on the side of the road for hours until the boulders were removed, that was not fun. We road on the ski lift 20 times at least because it was not skiing weather and no one was hardly there. We were in such high altitude I got the worst headache that I had ever had in my life and had to stay in bed for a whole day.
When we got there the snow had melted and the nasty muddy left over snow was there and that was not a pretty sight on the roads. But when the sun came out it was BEAUTIFUL and breath taking so we decited to go down in the valley and ride horses. The most beautiful yellow flowers covered the whole valley and then here we all come riding up on horses. I forgot to mention who all was there, Mrs. White, Stephen, Mike, Me, Matthew and Adam. We were in a group with other people also and we started riding ( and praying) at least I know Matthew did because he was scared to death of his horse. I guess he thought it was going to take off with him down the mountain and he would be killed :):):) Then we went river rafting BIG MISTAKE EVER, we were in a pure electrical storm and lightening striking every where and we were scared to death plus the water was freezing. But we made it back from the river unharmed.
I did have some pictures but that was before you could afford a digital camera, so I can't post any right now. Well it is almost 8am and Celie bug will be getting up pretty soon. When she stays at Meme and Papa's she gets to stay up until almost 8pm so she sleeps in a little bit longer on Saturdays. This is the place where Papa says there are NO rules :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

shame shame, know your name.

It's probably why she is so sleepy on Saturdays too. She wakes the same time no matter what time she goes to bed. :)

Oh happy day. I was probably up at 3:30 as well. And 4:30, etc.

sarah