Thursday, January 13, 2011

Vacation is Over :0(





Well I tried to change my own blog page and totally messed up the whole thing. I am so glad that I have someone to fix it for me. I just can't for some reason figure it out.
I can truly say that this was the BEST vacation that I have ever been on. The weather was perfect, it wasn't too hot or cold(except for the first night in 40 degrees weather and the kids in the pool-heated). I know a couple of times it would start to sprinkle and then it would just stop and the only day it actually rained a little was the day we left.
So let me begin by saying for the past almost 34 married years every time we go any place away from Port St Joe WE GET LOST and this was NO exception. The first night coming back from Disney we went in and out of the Disney area (where all the hotels are) I know 5 times. Then I got the giggles and Mike was getting a little angry at me. I couldn't help it, it just brought back memories when we would go with Mike's brother Guy and his family every year. We would get lost every time or something would always happen to us. THANK YOU JESUS for the TomTom, I will be getting one ASAP.
To tell you the truth I did not care about going down to Disney because when Matthew and Adam were little we went about 5 times down there in the middle of summer and it was crazy hot. But, just to be able to take my family and see those little eyes light up when we walked inside the part made everything worth it all. I am tearing up as I type now. They were the cutest little people there with all matching shirts, they are just beautiful babies.
They all three where holding hands with their Papa who was just as excited. You know when he is around there isn't anyone else in their eyes which Papa loves that.
Even at the fireworks the kids did great, even if hands were held over their ears.
I can truly say it was Magical and worth every thing we planned for.
We have already started making plans for the next time in January 2011. January is the best time I think, weather wise. I had rather be a little cool than burning up and almost passing out.
There are still some things I will talk about on my next post. You know there is always something that happens when we go off. I will share that next time.
We wrapped up the vacation in mine and Mike's room saying all the goodbye's to Adam and family. The kids hugged and I about started crying because it was just so touching. They truly love each other and those little arms wrapped around their necks saying good-bye was so very sweet. Britt, Paisley and Celie became really close and I know this summer they will have a blast and Papa doesn't even have to buy a swimming pool now LOL

2 comments:

Marci said...

I love how close the kids got over Christmas/ the Disney trip. We had such a great time.

The Traveling Turtle said...

It was a lot of fun. I am glad I am able to comment now. I was never able to comment on the Christmas decorated blog. The kids could have fun doing anything but didn't you SEE how much fun they had in the POOL???? That was all they wanted to do. Just sayin'. ;)Kidding. They are so sweet together.