Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Changed Life, for SURE

This will probably take a few post before I ever finish this. My life has changed in a way that I never thought it would. So many things have happened since March that I never wish on any one at all.
Mike had been getting sick for a couple of months and losing weight not knowing that the dreaded "C" word was the culprit of all his sickness. It really happened so fast after the fact and for about 6 weeks I was a wreck. Away from home, family and friends it seemed like I was in a dream.
I want to put this in next, to have friends you must show yourself friendly. I never will ever say I want to move from Port St Joe, MY HOME!!!!! I never knew how many friends Mike and I really had until all his sickness and hospitalization. We truly had loving and caring people and friends call and come by while we were in Atlanta. I still can't believe it all and we have been home a little over a month. We had a wonderful homecoming when we arrived with a few friends and family. It really took my breath away and I had to compose myself or I would have lost it.
I am so thankful for my hometown and the friends that make it all so worth living here.
The cards were so many and still continue after being home. Where else but a small town can you say, you had the red carpet rolled out for you?
Loving friends and praying family is worth everything from a small town even if there are some inconveniences, I would never trade it for a bigger town that no one hardly knows your name. I think there is a song about it, can't think of it right now.
One last thing before I end, I thank GOD and only GOD for our new friend and will call him family from now on Dr. Durval. He really doesn't know that it was God that put him in Mike's life for such a time as this. This is how God works and we never can figure Him out.
When you see Mike just ask him about his hometown Port St Joe, he will gladly share it with you if you care to listen.

No comments: