Monday, October 13, 2008

Near Death Experience ( not really)

Well I don't know if you know about Matthew and any flying, crawling or jumping insects or snakes. I know you all know how his luck is with all of these. Thursday like all others I had Celie, but this time I took her over to my house so she can get use to going over there. It was so nice outside that I put her in the "blu swing as Britt calls it" and she loved it, then we got in the big porch swing and she really loved that. She also chewed on some grass and she just couldn't get enough of it, she was drooling so I had to finally just stop all the grass chewing. Anyway, it was getting time I thought for Matthew to pick up Celie so we just stayed outside. I saw Matthew pull up in the driveway and stop, then he was over in the passengers side looking at something. I really don't know how he got over there because he never got out of the car. :):) I started waving because I thought he didn't see us, and yelling, "what are you doing"? Well he just takes off and comes walking at a fast pase and had his phone with him and was showing me the picture he had just taken. I asked him what it was,"it's a big black and brown snake" in a panic voice. I couldn't tell by the picture what kind it was. So he grabbed up Celie and off to the car they went. Well I just walked down to the drive and sure enough there was a BIG LONG black racer snake. By that time Matthew had come up beside me and opened his door, I told him it was just a black non-poison snake. So I just picked up a rock and threw it at the snake not thinking it would charge at me so I screamed and tried to jump in the front seat with Matthew and Celie, but what did Matthew do, he shut the door on me. Then the snake turned as fast back as he did coming toward me and went down in the ditch. Then Matthew opened the door I wanted to kill him, his remark was I was just saving my baby's life. I thought what about mine:):) It was so funny Matthew is a wimp, saving his life is what he meant to say. I found out later that if you run at them they will run away but if you run from them they will chase you. I so wished Matthew would have been out of the car being chased by that snake.
Well I understand Friday that he(the snake) was in Matthew's yard :):):) Oh Matthew, by the way your daddy said that black snakes are territorial, so keep your snake seeing eyes opened, he might be right around the corner.

1 comment:

The Traveling Turtle said...

saving his own life is more like it. :) you are right.

I say - a snake is a snake though. poisonous or not. they are creepy and gross.