Monday, January 11, 2010

Go Away Cold Weather !!!

I woke up this morning with the temp. being 18 degrees, this is the craziest weather I have seen in a long time. It hasn't stayed being in the 20's for hardly more than a couple of days that I can remember. But this going on the second week being so cold I am sick of it. The wind cuts right through you. The northerners probably think we are nuts, but we are in Florida!!!! This morning when I got up I threw some water out on our sidewalk and it froze solid. Thank the Lord our pipes have not frozen, but I know our water bill will be high because of having to run water every night. Our electric was not too bad, but what ever it takes to stay warm.
I finally got to meet my twin great nieces Sunday, they are so cute and small. They are 2 months and Hanah weights 6lb 10ozs, Hayley 7lb 10oz, they are so small and cute. Both my boys weighed more than that at birth. Celie really had a big time watching them, she was so sweet. And just think in a few months she will have either a brother or sister.
Some advise and then I will end this blog. Never get a heat pump for heating. I finally learned tonight why the cold air comes out for about 20 minutes before it gets warm and I do not like it at all. Oh and we had the most wonderful hamburgers for birthday celebrations for me and mama. Matthew is a great cook and baker, the chocolate cake was to die for. I will post pictures later.

1 comment:

The Traveling Turtle said...

I am glad everyone got to come over... it is always nice to get us all together and let celie play with all her people. She eats it up - as you know. :)

Current temp (when I got to work) a brisk 23 degrees. I am over it too. I don't iike COLD weather. Cool is really nice, but this is just insane!

Matthew is a great griller and baker, that chocolate cake is the only one I have ever liked in my entire life. The coffee in it really brings out the rich chocolate flavor.