Thursday, December 2, 2010

I Told You It Was Coming

I remember when I worked at Interiors Etc. I would tell my co-workers in July, we only have 5 months until Christmas. They would laugh and say it's still summer.
Then one year I talked Renee into having "Christmas in July", that went really well.
And almost every year it has not been a "surprise" , until this year.
I am beginning to get a little nervous because this year(except for a couple of things)I have NO gifts. Pass out!!!!
I just wanted to let my family know that Mike will be buying Christmas this year. And yes, he waits until Christmas week. He says that they run sales all the time and he has plenty of time. So I just want to let my boys know that no telling what you will be getting and the grand babies please understand Papa is a last minute buyer!!
But in all reality it might be kind of fun because he has no idea and opening up the present probably will get a big laugh.
You know,I really think that we do forget why we even have Christmas. It's not all about us, it's all about Him our precious savior.
This year will be a BIG treat to the family as Mike has decided to take us all on a "Christmas/birthday vacation". I really hope that it will be lots of fun and for the grand kids I can't wait to see their eyes. None of them have ever been to Disney World, and I am so excited to be taking them. By this age of Matthew and Adam we probably went 2 times, it was really getting to be a little too much. Then we started going to Bush Gardens and Circus World which is no more now(circus world).
This is a start on the new blog post, but I have to leave it for a few so I will pick it up another day.

1 comment:

Marci said...

Christmas should definitely be interesting this year. We are anxious to see everyone.

Do you know if we are doing a gift exchange at Nanny's?

Love,

Marci