Saturday, December 4, 2010

Let's start the Decorating

I made a purchase of a Christmas tree at Goodwill a couple of weeks ago. It is I think 8ft tall the picture looked really nice on the outside of the box. I had really no idea as to what it might really look like or even if there was a actual tree in the box. Last year I bought one and got it home and it had NO stand so it was useless, so it got trashed.
I have been really wanting to decorate the house and tree but have not had the time.
And it is really slipping away from me. Anyway, I was kinda scared to open the tree that originally cost $299 and I paid $19.99 :0)
When Celie went to bed I told Mike to go out and help me bring it in the house. The thing weighed a ton, I carried 2 pieces and Mike carried one.(Go figure)
We started setting the tree up and oh man what a GREAT surprise, it is beautiful. It is a pre-lit tree and some of the bulbs are not working but what the hay???? I paid $19.99 for this real looking tree with little pine cones on it.
I really would like to change out the whole tree theme this year with just maybe red glass balls and a nice tree topper. Mike is in disagreement with me but I usually win. I have had the same ornaments for years and I would like a change this year, nothing fancy just simple.
Oh by the way, all the lights on the tree do not work so we are replacing the burned out lights with new bulbs, this is a pain!!!!!
I will continue on another day.

1 comment:

Marci said...

We changed up our tree this year and it is so much nicer. I got tired of all the Boyds ornaments. We have all different colored balls I purchased at Target after Christmas last year and glass ornaments that we have received as presents over the years.

Sounds like the tree you got is a great find. I am glad to see you are blogging again.


Love You,

Marci